If you running window xp and need to increase your Internet Broadband speed,this post might be helpful for you,this tweak (XP Pro only)might help you increase your broadband speed up to 10 %-20% on average speed.
By default, Windows XP reserves up to 20 percent of your connections bandwidth.
You just need to release the reserved bandwitch by doing some easy tweak on your computer /laptop setting .
* Start > Run > type gpedit.msc
* You will see [Local Computer Policy]
* Expand the [Administrative Templates] branch
* Expand the [Network] branch
* Highlight [QoS Packet Scheduler]
* Double-click [Limit Reservable Bandwidth]
* Check [Enabled]
* Change [Bandwidth limit %] to 0 %
* Click [Apply] [OK]
Here you have it,i hope this tip useful to you..This is a basis tweak on how to get more internet speed manually.It frees some reserved bandwitch which is been occupied by MS. Not much faster.It might not make out any difference.Just have a try .It doesn't cost you anything .